Recipe by @thekitchenettetales
Learn how to make a delicious and satisfying homemade spam rice bowl with this easy recipe. Tender slices of spam are braised in a flavourful soy sauce and mirin mixture and served over fluffy rice with scrambled eggs. This dish is perfect for a quick and tasty lunch or dinner.
Plated on Luzerne tableware - Cottage Collection
- 1 can of spam
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 eggs
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- White pepper
- Spring onions
- In a pot, add 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 20 minutes until rice is cooked.
- While rice is cooking, cut spam into thin slices and add to a pan with a little oil. Fry until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of mirin, and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Pour the mixture over the spam in the pan and let it braise for a few minutes until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
- In a separate pan, crack 2 eggs and add a pinch of salt, a little soy sauce, and a dash of white pepper. Scramble the eggs until cooked.
- Once the rice is cooked, mix in the furikake, aonori, and sliced spring onions.
- To assemble the dish, place the rice in a bowl or on a plate, top with the braised spam slices and scrambled eggs. Garnish with sliced cucumber, diced tomato, and additional spring onions if desired.